What is the perfect time to ask about the best Bangkok hospitals? Of course, during a global pandemic!
Fortunately, the number of cases of Corona Virus appears to be decreasing worldwide and, comparatively speaking, Thailand has kept its own, with not too many reported cases and deaths up to date. Should you ever require medical or even cosmetic assistance check our article.
Best Bangkok Hospitals – BNH (Bangkok Nursing Home)
This hospital is a modern and operates according to international standards with 120 beds. It offers both inpatient and outpatient care, with 24 hours available doctors in any area of medicine. The hospital dates back to 1897, when the British community built the hospital’s first premises on Phya Dejo Road in Bangkok. At the beginning of the century, the hospital was built on Convent Road in 1912, officially opened by His Majesty King Vajiravudh. Over the years, BNH Hospital has grown and improved along modern lines and has become a first-class international medical institution, with some of the most sophisticated and up-to-date facilities in Thailand.
Led by world-renowned Dr. Kamol Pansritum, Kamol Hospital is one of Thailand’s, largest cosmetic hospitals. This hospital, accredited by the Joint International Commission (JCI), is particularly famous for its world-class sex reassignment surgery and it is renowned for its continuing support to the transgender community. People flock to this hospital from all over the world to undergo sex reassignment surgery. Dr. Kamol Pansintrum himself has performed over 5,000 successful gender confirmation surgeries and more than 10,000 related surgical procedures for both trans-women and men. With their mission to offer the most reliable and successful treatments and facilities, they are committed to continuous preparation, development, and creativity to provide innovative and advanced procedures for cosmetic surgery in order to fulfill the needs of their ever-growing clients.
Bumrungrad International Hospital is centrally located in the heart of Bangkok and it is one of the premier hospitals of Thailand. It’s also a center of excellency in specialty medicine, and a global leader in medical tourism. It offers its patients one-stop medical treatment as the first JCI (Joint Commission International) certified hospital in Asia and Thailand. As Southeast Asia’s largest private hospital, Bumrungrad International has over 700 highly trained doctors and dentists. Over 554 hospital beds are available and Bumrungrad has the capacity to treat 3,000 outpatients a day. Foreigners can use the International Center for Medical Care, which offers interpreters, concierge services, embassy assistance, VIP airport transfers, international insurance coordination and international medical coordinators.
Bangkok Hospital is part of a hospital network spread all around Thailand. They specialize in medical tourism, much like Bumrungrad, although they handle a lower percentage of foreign patients than some other hospitals. Bangkok Hospital is recognized as the city’s pioneer in cutting-edge technology and services.
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital was founded in 1979 and it is a leading provider of health care in Thailand and Southeast Asia. It is renowned as a provider of choice for local residents, expatriates staying in Thailand, and more and more visitors with its wide range of facilities and services, from cosmetic services to tertiary treatment. To meet the needs of patients, there are 270 beds, 87 examination suites and more than 1,200 caregivers, as well as a wide selection of high-tech medical equipment such as digital imaging and the new 64-slice CT scan. With its long history of quality care and creativity, it was awarded of the status of the Mother and Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and UNICEF.
- It’s better to check out a hospital that has been accredited by the Joint Commission International, as this is a verification of a hospital’s standards of quality.
- Make sure to carry your passport, as the hospital is going to ask you to see it.
- Try checking the local pharmacy if your prescription calls for common drugs, since they are often cheaper than the hospital pharmacy and carry many of the same medications.
- Check your travel insurance records carefully to find out what you are eligible for and what your deductible is if you get sick or injured while traveling.
- Bangkok’s private hospitals have trendy furniture and are as comfortable as a hotel. They will also have a variety of restaurants and very nice waiting rooms, making it a great experience for visiting patients and loved ones.
- Many hospitals in Bangkok that cater to foreign patients provide translation services if English is not your native language.
- Many people in Western nations, especially those with dementia and long-term memory loss, are sending their elderly family members to Thailand for treatment. In Bangkok, the services are better and have better quality treatment for lower price.